≡ Menu

Using Oil in the Countertop Convection Oven

Using Oil in the Countertop Convection Oven

There is little need to use oil in the Countertop Convection Oven.  The food will cook without needing any oil.  Any fat in the meat will drip down to the bottom of the glass bowl, away from the meat and help to create a healthy meal.

If I wish to add oil for flavour, I prefer to use an Olive Oil Sprayer.  This reduces the amount of oil needed.  I have two –  for olive oil and garlic oil.  I’m considering getting another couple for chili oil and a mix of oil and vinegar.

If the food is covered in a sticky marinade or I think it might stick to the racks, I will spray the racks to prevent it.

I do use oil in some marinades however it’s not necessary for cooking the meat, it’s for flavour.

Using oil in the countertop convection oven is really a personal preference.  If you want to cook food with it, you can.  It doesn’t smoke and may help with the cooking.  If you don’t want to use Oil, simply don’t.  The food will cook without it.

Depending on what you prefer, it’s up to you.  If you want to get an olive oil sprayer like I use, they are available at Amazon.

Buy your Misto Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer from Amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
{ 8 comments… add one }
  • Jan Littlehales January 10, 2012, 12:18 pm

I do love the added flavour olive oil gives some foods, so I would probably choose to add a little in some dishes.
    Jan Littlehales recently posted..Vegetable Lasagna – in Ten MinutesMy Profile

• Convection Oven Lady January 10, 2012, 8:59 pm

Hi Jan
      That’s the great thing about the oven. You can add oil for flavour if you wish, it’s not essential to do the cooking :D.

• Wilson January 10, 2012, 9:15 pm

Thats some good information about using the oven. I never thought about the oil from the meat. I’ve usually added some extra oil into the dish and they always turn out to be too oily. Guess this is some more knowledge i’ve gathered! Thank you!

Kind regards
    Wilson
    Wilson recently posted..Occasion Wear For WeddingsMy Profile

• Convection Oven Lady January 12, 2012, 8:59 am

Hi Wilson. I’m really glad you learnt something 🙂

• Tegan Hadley January 11, 2012, 7:23 pm

Its great to know its not essential for the cooking process, I think alot of people add too much oil these days and it gets to be an unhealthy habit! Of course I agree with a little for the flavour, I like garlic and rosemary olive oil 🙂
    Tegan Hadley recently posted..Plus size clubwearMy Profile

• Convection Oven Lady January 12, 2012, 9:01 am

Hi Tegan. I remember as a kid the amount of oil that everything was cooked in. Fat and oil are flavour, they aren’t necessary to cook with in the convection oven. I love garlic oil but haven’t tried rosemary oil. I’ll give it a go, thanks for the tip.

• Lisa Wood January 13, 2012, 10:11 pm

We use spray for all of our cooking, or olive oil if needed! The countertop convection oven is really good – safe on oil, and no fat while cooking 🙂

Cheers
    Lisa
    Lisa Wood recently posted..Healthy Mindset Healthy Body Not MeMy Profile

• Convection Oven Lady January 15, 2012, 8:01 pm

Lisa, I’m glad you enjoy your convection oven as much as I do.