Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken is really simple in the Countertop Convection Oven. It’s fast, delicious and the chicken stays lovely and moist with the crispy prosciutto to add flavour and crunch.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 8 slices of proscuitto
- Salad or vegetables for serving.
Buy good quality chicken breasts and proscuitto. This is such an easy dish and it’s worth the best ingredients you can afford.
- Lay 4 slices of prosciutto on a board.
- Place the chicken breast down on the slices and wrap the prosciutto around it.
- Repeat for the second breast.
Place the 2 chicken breasts on the lower tray with the wrapped slices under the chicken breast. Cook at 180o C or 356o F for 20 minutes. Serve with your favourite salad or vegetables.
How quick was that? I spent more time making sure the slices looked nice and even then I spent cooking it. Next time I’ll just slap it in and wrap it up 😛
As you can see in my picture, I made a potato bake to serve with the Proscuitto Wrapped Chicken.
- 1 – 2 Potatoes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Cream
- Parmesan Cheese.
- Cut up one or two potatoes into slices or cubes, add a dash of water and some salt.
- Put them into the microwave with a plastic wrap to cook for 3 minutes on medium.
This softens them up and allows you to cook it the same time as the chicken. I used the same dish for both the microwave and oven.
- Add in some cream and parmesan cheese and mixed it around in the dish, making sure all the potatoes are coated in the mix.
- Top potato bake with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and put it in the Round Countertop Convection Oven at the same time as the chicken.
This Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken was delicious and I enjoyed it very much.
Variations / Tips
Marinate the chicken breasts in garlic or honey mustard before wrapping in proscuitto for added flavour
Put a slice of sage underneath the slices
Throw in some of your favourite vegetables after a quick microwave to cook with the chicken for a delicious baked dinner
Potato bake tips
Add in garlic when cooking the potatoes in the microwave for a delicious flavour and mash up the softened garlic to mix with the cream and parmesan
Add onions and bacon to your potato bake for more flavour
Let me know what you think of this recipe and if you will be trying it in your Round Countertop Convection Oven too.
This is now one of my favourites.
Convection Oven Lady
Easy, fast, healthy cooking