Portobello Mushrooms with Bacon and Feta
I bought Portobello Mushrooms which I usually just have grilled with crushed garlic and a spray of olive oil. I recently saw a recipe where Feta was grilled so I decided to try making Portobello Mushrooms with Feta and Bacon to make it a meal.
I’ll be making this recipe often.
Serves 1 – 2 people.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms Large (make sure they are fresh and not drying out)
You can also use large field mushrooms.
- Feta cheese – use your favourite and dice up into small cubes
- Bacon – 1 slice diced into small cubes
- Olive Oil
Take out the stems of your mushrooms, check the mushroom is clean and spray with olive oil both sides. Place the mushrooms on the bottom tray and place the bacon, then the feta on top.
Cook for about 10 minutes at 170o C / 350oF. The bacon and feta will turn golden brown and the mushrooms will be firm but cooked. Serve with a green garden salad in summer or mashed potato in winter.
- Do not add salt. The feta and bacon are salty enough. To reduce the salt taste, squeeze some lemon juice over it. It adds another flavour to the meal.
- You can add herbs such as thyme or parsley and add them to the bacon/feta mix or add them afterwards for a fresh taste.
- You can add garlic or sun dried tomatoes for another delicious meal variation.
If you enjoyed my recipe for Portobello Mushrooms with Bacon and Feta, please share it.
If you would like to stay up to date, sign up for my list so you know when new recipes and tips are available.
Thanks for reading.
Convection Oven Lady