If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know I love my convection oven and use it as much as possible.
One of the things I really love about using it is how easy to clean the oven is, however cleaning the lid can often be neglected. You may be concerned about having anything wet near the element or you are not sure how to clean it properly or safely.
I did an experiment and cooked some pork, lamb and bacon and then just turned the element on full temperature for 30 minutes to make sure that all the oil and spatters from the meat were baked into my oven lid.
As you can see, it looks pretty messy.
- Turn off the power and remove the power cord. You do not want any water near these.
- Get a non scratch scouring brush or cleaning cloth
- Wet the scouring pad and add some washing up liquid. Squeeze it as hard as you can, you want as little water as possible.
- Start cleaning the glass.
- Avoid going too close to the element.
You want to stop water getting into it.
- Finally make sure that the pad is wrung as dry as you possibly can and start cleaning the cover over the element.
I used paper towels to make sure that not too much water got flicked behind the cover onto the element.
- Leave the lid to dry for at least 30 minutes in case water got into the element.
- You have a much cleaner lid.
It’s pretty easy to clean the lid, once you know the safe way of doing it.
Hope you enjoyed my post. If you did, please share it around and comment about what you thought of it.
Enjoy your clean Round Convection Oven lid.
Convection Oven Lady