Chilli Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 kilo of Chicken Tenderloins
- 4 Tbs Sweet Chilli Sauce (if you like it hot – use Hot Chilli Sauce)
- 2 Tbs of White Balsamic Vinegar/Cider Vinegar/White Vinegar
- 1 tps of Garlic Oil
- 1 Tbs of Lemon Juice
Marinate the chicken tenderloins in the Marinade for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Place the Chilli Chicken Tenderloins on the high and low trays in your round convection oven.
Don’t overcrowd them. You can also cook in batches and keep warm next to the oven.
Set heat to 200o C / 390o F
After 8 minutes, move the lower tray chicken tenderloins to the top tray and the top tray chicken breasts to the lower tray. They will cook so you can leave them but the top ones will be a deeper colour.
Serve in summer with a delicious green salad and in winter with your favourite steamed vegetables.
I also like to make a sauce using light greek yoghurt mixed with a squeeze of lemon juice and a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce. Mix together and spoon over the Chilli Chicken Tenderloins or use as a dipping sauce.
- Add some lemon zest for more lemon flavour.
- Use a clove of crushed Garlic instead of Garlic Oil.
- Use lemon grass as an alternative to the lemon juice.
- Use whatever marinade you like. I’ve used a honey soy, satay, honey mustard and a lemon marinade. All are delicious.
- Leftovers can be chopped up and used in salads, soups and sandwiches.
- The Chilli Chicken Tenderloins can be also used as finger food for a party, just chop them into circles and add some toothpicks.
I used to cook this recipe with a whole chicken breast – which I still do, but I prefer the chicken tenderloins as I get more charred bits and chilli flavour into the chicken pieces.
This is one of my favourite round convection oven recipes and I make it at least once a week. There is very little fat (only the garlic oil) and I can cook it no matter what the weather is like.
Enjoy this meal with a Garlic Bread Roll
Love my Round Convection Oven